Sunday, August 21, 2011

State Fair

    We went to the Wyoming State Fair yesterday. Started out with the parade. Then we went over to Casper so I could get a pair of work/farming boots. We had lunch at a Thai food place. Really good food. It is so nice to be able to relax and enjoy a nice meal. Then we went over to the mall and I bought a new camera so now I can see what I'm taking pictures of. We then went back to the fair to look at all the exhibits and catch the PRCA rodeo. We wandered through the animal barns after the rodeo. Sharon had a good time with the sheep and goats but wasn't such a big fan of the pigs. Here's some pictures of the parade and rodeo. Converse county volunteer firefighters. I just thought these were neat trucks.
I love seeing teams of horses. This is Mike Cushmans team.
 I think this is the Douglas marching band.
This sheep wagon was perfectly restored. Looked awesome!
This next picture is classic!! A pretty nifty old tractor towing a manure spreader. If you look close you can see he put a cardboard cut-out of Obama in the manure spreader.
Here's the finish of an 8 second ride. I love watching the bucking horses.

Until next time take care. If you click on the picture they get bigger.

4 comments:

5 Starr's Farm said...

Hi Jake, First visit, I see some of my blogger buddies are already here. I enjoy your ramblings and photos.

Sarah said...

fun weekend! We spent it at the fair and rodeo also. I was going to post my bucking horse pictures this afternoon or in the morning, depending on when I get a chance! Teams of horses are awesome! I'd love to learn to drive one day. And Malcolm is determined to get a sheep herders wagon and fix it up. He misses having sheep around.

Jake said...

5 Starr- Welcome!

Sarah-I would love a sheep wagon also. It would be great to take camping. I love watching bucking horses!!

Shirley said...

Looks like it was a fun weekend. Gotta love the manure spreader!