Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Trophy wall

   We have a trophy wall. My trophy wife shot the deer on the right. It is her first deer. I am so proud of her! She shot it when we lived in Dubois. It's really nice mule deer. It was a big help filling the freezer.
  My first deer is the one the left. I shot it on a late season hunt in the Ventana wilderness in California. He's a black tail. I shot him over looking the ocean. It was a great day! I was hunting with a great friend and mentor, Eldon. Haha When it comes to spinning stories and tales........There is just no stopping him. I was guiding with him hunting pigs. When I shot the Bobcat. Eldon taught me pretty much everything I know about hunting. I used a bunch of things he taught me to shoot the turkey. I called the turkey across a creek, a county road and three fences. Shot him with a 20 gauge. Our hat rack and flag holder is a 3x3 my Grandfather shot in Ruby Lake NV in '82
Well until next time take care

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I think that's the first time I've seen a turkey done in taxidermy. I like elk hunting, and prefer it to deer meat.

Jake said...

I just took the turkey tail or fan and spread it out salted it, sandwiched it between two boards and presto done!