Thursday, February 23, 2012

Today's my Birthday

     Woke up to wind and blowing snow. It was pretty trashy this morning. Went and fed the cows. There were times when I couldn't see more than maybe 100 yards. Came home for lunch and got my work pickup stuck in a snow drift in the front yard. Spent almost an hour digging it out. Tried pulling it with my pickup but it wouldn't budge. Sharon texted me wanting to know what I was gonna do for lunch. So I went in the town and had a quick bite with her. Then came home and cleaned the sparkplugs on my work pickup. Then I worked on my trailers electric lights, My work truck has a 6 prong plug my trailer has a 7 prong so I needed adapt the wiring. Now my truck and trailer are working together. I now have brake and turn lights. So that was my day.

  I have been saving money for awhile for a nice horse bit. So I finely got one it got here on Tuesday. I'm pretty happy with it. So it's kinda a birthday present to myself. The great thing about buying good horse gear is that I will be able to pass it on to some deserving person when I'm to old and crippled to use it. The bit has Santa Barbara cheek piece and a modified frog mouth piece.

  I see how Roller likes it tomorrow. We will doing some cow work. WooHoo!! Then on Saturday we are gonna get together with some neighbors and friends and rope!!! Just practice and oh boy do I need that. Until next time take care

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday- not the greatest day for you, but the bit makes up for it. Nice!

Jake said...

Shirley- It was a good day Im doing what I want to in life. The day had its bumps but they help make me appreciate the smooth ones.

Sally said...

Your bit is beautiful, have fun at the roping.

Jinglebob said...

Woo hoo, on several counts! Like the bit. Just like he one I had.

Crystal said...

Love the bit, one day I want a horse trained enough to ride use one on.