Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Branding

   The ol' alarm clock went off at 4am this morning, I didn't roll these old creaking bones out of bed till 4:30am. I was at my bosses at 5:30am we caught and saddled our horses loaded them in the trailer on the road to the main HQ. We went and gathered the cows, sorted the calves off the cows. They use calf tables over there. We had three tables going. Branding, giving shots and casterating.
   I started out just giving shots but my boss showed me how to run the knife to casterate. Then I branded the rest of the day. I learned alot!! It was a really good day.
   My wife got home safe and sound. Really happy about that!! She went to California for her sister's graduation. Her sister just got her masters. Sharon was gone for 5 days so it was just me and the dogs. I missed my wife when she was gone! I'm really glad she got to go though. It was good for her to see family.
  Well thats whats been happening here. Until next time take care

No comments: