Friday, September 14, 2012

Water tanks

  Last couple days I have been working on putting in new water tanks at my house. The big old metal one rusted out so I put in this rubber tire tank.
Here's a shot of it with dirt in it. I will top it off with concrete then set the float valve in it.

I had really cool old concrete tank but it was leaking so I tore it out as well. When I was setting the tank this morning everything was going great til I accidentally moved the tire and broke the riser pipe. So Im digging through the old concrete. Got to find the joint its probaly 5-6 feet down below frost line.
  Thats what Ive been doing. Until next time take care.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

We have a few neighbors with those tire waterers, mostly over springs. They seem to work well. Hope you find the riser without too much digging.

Gene said...

The plastic tanks or polymer coated tanks has a capacity to store almost everything except some harsh acids. But stainless steel tanks are considered the best to store any edible items or elements. Stainless steel offers great safety with much required hygiene to all the food and water storage.

Water Tank